Monday, February 27, 2006

new fishie

I have a new, blue fishie and his name is Shyam. It is an alternative name for Krishna, and it also means "blue or black." Since he's both, I thought it was appropriate. And it goes along with the whole Hindu thing.

I put his bowl next to Bhishma's last night and they now seem pretty happy to flare at each other. Shyam is very fierce. That's why I picked him--I was so upset when I went to Petsmart yesterday and saw the condition of the bettas. When I got Bhishma, they were all kept in cups, of course, but their water was clean and they all seemed more or less OK. Not so yesterday. Many of them were half-dead and the water was in horrible condition. Shyam's water was very dirty, but he still acted alert and aggressive and I figured he was probably healthier than most of the others.

It's amusing that Bhishma's water is red from his tetracycline, and Shyam's is greenish owing to the treatment I put in his water. The water is color-coordinated to each fish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home