Saturday, February 18, 2006

thoughts for today

1. I'm beginning to think that satin sheets aren't luxurious--they're just annoying.
2. At the thing Maggie set up yesterday evening, the "blues" band played Feels Good by Chuck Mangione. It was my very favorite song when I was four years old. It then dawned on me that most of the people I know around here hadn't even been born yet, or even conceived, when it was popular. Yeesh.
3. I'm wondering if my long-term dream of hosting a sock hop someday might be fruitless. I don't think a lot of people my age (ish) are interested. I remember having a sock hop in fifth grade. We were all totally obsessed with the '50s then, though. Honestly, rockabilly types kind of freak me out but I wasn't thinking rockabilly.
4. I'm remembering how incredibly hilarious I found Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to be, and how I should see it again/read the book.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to go to a sock hop! I always wanted to throw a cheesy cocktail party with drinks and 50-60's lounge music. Fun!

the Masked Commentor

2/20/2006 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home