Sunday, February 12, 2006

bettas

OK, so this woman is hilarious. I have become a bit addicted to her site, and I think that when I move to New York or wherever in May (and after a bit of time), I might actually cough up the change to buy a pair of bred bettas.

Upon trying to find more info about how to take care of Bhishma, I found this site. At first it seemed discombobulated and rather disorganized, even, but soon I realized it was full of volumes of information about bettas. The more I read the site's text, the more I realized that its writer is extremely competent and rather articulate, in spite of her occasional bad jokes and her generous peppering of LOLs. I started to think that she was an eccentric middle-aged woman who started breeding bettas because they're purty and because she had nothing better to do, but it turns out she's a young, Christian, punk rocker! She has rooms and rooms full of tanks and jars (all immaculate) and she's been on the Discovery Channel and on Animal Planet. She's got me convinced--and hooked. (Um, about everything except the Christianity, naturally. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home