Wednesday, February 15, 2006

memories of v-days past

I remember that we had to write Valentines to our ENTIRE CLASS if we were going to hand out any. My mother would nag my brother and me for a week or so to not leave them until the last minute, but of course, we always did. We'd start out at around nine PM and take our time very carefully picking out the best ones (or if we were making them by hand to make the fanciest ones) for the people who were our friends or most wanted to impress. Then we'd gradually be drained of energy and we'd be particularly angry at those we hated by the end. They probably got the snidest remarks on their Valentines.

When I was about eight, I was in Brownies, and we had to make Valentines for a nursing home. I used slogans and phrases I'd seen on grocery store Valentines. I decided on using "You're Number One" for awhile. Luckily my mother found me out eventually, because I'd already make it up to "You're Number 12!" and needed a lecture on how everyone had to be Number One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home