Sunday, February 19, 2006

down in the dumps



Well, I'm depressed, and I haven't loaded up a pic in a few days, so why not this glorious creature? I am guessing he's not terribly sophisticated, but he is surely an Adonis.

I am watching The Thorn Birds and simulataneously trying to read a very boring mystery novel. I wish I'd bought a shorter one but I'm out of options because it must be read by Friday. My fish is not happy anymore. In fact, he is sick. I think he has fin rot, hole-in-the-head, and ich. Maybe I'm just being a hypochondriac on his behalf, but it wouldn't be too surprising if he *did* have all these problems since he came from Petsmart. Sigh. I'm doing what I can for him. I put a bit of tetracycline in his water (as is suggested) and a Betta fixup med is on its way. I put him in front of the television to cheer him up--it was suggested by the Betta lady that this is a good thing for Bettas.

I think I'm definitely feeling better, which is probably part of why I feel in the dumps--I need to get out more and interact with people again. Which is not so easy to do, given my recent discomfort in this area. But I still have three months left in this place and I should try to enjoy it as much as possible, regardless of how ultimately I am not happy here. I don't have a lot of social contacts anymore and the ones I have don't have time in their schedules to socialize. I tried a month ago to set up a few things because I've had success in setting up parties and things in the past, but folks just didn't show up. Maybe I'll have to plan something again, though, and make some more new friends. :)

I guess I'm a bit heartbroken too. Even though I know I did the right thing, it doesn't change how I feel about him. Eventually, someday, I'll forget him.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If his fins are torn, or their are white spots or fungusy looking areas, its ick. With the medicine, it should clear up in no time--no worries:)

The masked commentor

2/20/2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger *k* said...

oh my god, david beckham is so hot.

2/20/2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Doodlebug said...

Yeah, but I don't get the open fly bit.

2/20/2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home