Saturday, February 25, 2006

meta moments

I found this guy on Friendster who's my age and who lives in Cambridge. He has an unusual-ish name and has red hair, and I found him because he says his hometown is Boulder (I did a Boulder hometown search).

I was acquainted with a red-haired guy with the same unusual-ish name, around the same age, when I lived in New York. He was the boyfriend of my friend from Smith for whom I had acquired an Oxford University Press job. So I emailed the guy in Cambridge and asked if he was the same guy who'd dated my friend. He's *not* the same guy, but he did ask if this was one of those "meta-Friendster moments." I thought that was classic and a term I should definitely use more frequently.

I'm thinking about getting a Second Fish. Not for the same bowl, of course! I'm not a complete idiot. But bettas like to have social interaction (across walls of glass, naturally), and I thought I might rescue maybe a pretty blue betta from Petsmart. I'll get him the same bowl, etc. As long as I'm treating Bhishma for all his probably-Petsmart-related illnesses, I could treat the new one, too. Plus, I can start off on the right foot by putting preventative BettaZing in his water when I get him. Then he and Bhishma can amuse each other all day long. Bhishma's water has been bright red lately, owing to the tetracycline treatment. He doesn't give a shit, but it weirds me out. It's like he's swimming in Kool Aid. Also, he's a red fish, and then I can't see him unless I shine a light on his bowl.

And then, there's this:




You're Watership Down!

by Richard Adams

Though many think of you as a bit young, even childish, you're
actually incredibly deep and complex. You show people the need to rethink their
assumptions, and confront them on everything from how they think to where they
build their houses. You might be one of the greatest people of all time. You'd
be recognized as such if you weren't always talking about talking rabbits.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.

2 Comments:

Blogger *k* said...

I've never read Watership Down. Is it any good?

2/26/2006 6:12 PM  
Blogger Doodlebug said...

I haven't read it, either, but my mother has tried to get me to read it for about 22 years!

2/26/2006 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home