Sunday, March 05, 2006

der Frühling

Note to self: While becoming an alcoholic may seem cool in theory, it is definitely not good on the messed-up tummy. Yeesh. Must. not. drink. anymore.

Mary Kay came yesterday and we had a good time. I dragged her to my friend's recital. She sang Schubert's "Der Hirt auf dem Felsen." The last stanza of the poetry is wonderful. I'm going to put it in all my email signatures:

Der Frühling will kommen,
Der Frühling, meine Freud',
Nun mach' ich mich fertig
Zum Wandern bereit.

The spring will come, / The spring, my joy, / Now I must make myself ready / To be gone from here.

How true. Although of course this dude like, totally wants to die and stuff. But *out of context* it's perfect for me. :)

And now that it's almost Frühling, lots of poetry will be nice for email signatures.

I was very pleased to meet my LEEP email friend, whom I befriended after noticing he had an accordion in his bio pic. I emailed him about it, since I'm sorta trying to learn (not really and seriously--but I plan to someday soon when I can get my own and not use the school's). I told him to bring it to the party last night, and he actually did! and entertained us all. He's really quite good! I met up with him today to talk about the ins and outs of music librarianship.

I am making carrot ginger soup. The last time I made it, my family was just about blown away. I've hated carrots since I was a baby. I don't even like chopped ones in soup--I'll eat around them. But for some reason, I like carrot ginger soup. Isn't that weird?

When I was about four or five, I realized that the reason I don't like carrots is that they make me gag. I think it's the flavor or something. They still do--I love the way carrots look and smell and crunch but I can't deal with them by themselves. I try them every year. Anyway, when I was four or five I told my mother I couldn't eat carrots because they make me fall over backwards. I will certainly never live that down. It's now a family favorite story. Of course, at the age of four or five I hadn't gagged that much so it did feel like falling over backwards....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home