Sunday, December 18, 2005

tea

I realize I'm an annoyingly picky eater, and not in the most rational way. Of course, I suppose many people aren't exactly rational about eating. My coworker, who is moving away, wanted to go to TGIFriday's for lunch the other day and I had to send my salad back because about 1/4 or more of it was carrots and cilantro, neither of which was mentioned in the menu. Sigh.

But I'm finding that I truly love plain black tea. English Breakfasts. Irish Breakfasts. Your basic Lipton hot tea. For some reason, swanky restaurants these days seem to always run out of that stuff. So I'm thinking I'm not the only one who would select one of those over an Earl Grey or something. I really, really don't like Earl Grey at all. I think it tastes like medicine.

Today, at Square Kitchen, they offered me Stash tea. I understand that Stash is quite the thing these days. But they only had chamomile, Earl Grey, green tea, and Chai. I will not drink chai if it's steeped from a bag. Because then it just tastes like spice tea, which I'm not fond of. I love the smell of spice tea but I don't like steeped spice tea in water. Yuck.

1 Comments:

Blogger MacGuffin said...

Earl Grey rocks, but I don't care if you don't think so. That's just more for me! Hell, I'd go make some right now if it weren't close to 2 in the morning.

Is the standard Lipton's really a black tea? I didn't know that. But what the hell do I know about tea, anyway? Just that Earl Grey kicks butt and does not taste at all mediciney. Unless medicince tastes like rich, tart deliciousness!

12/19/2005 12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home