Friday, November 25, 2005

where I am at this moment

Well, at this actual moment, I am living life temporarily as a tuber in my brother's basement apartment in DC. But other than that, I've made some major decisions in the past week.

The biggest one is that I intend to withdraw from school should I land a job by the beginning of February. I only stand to get more in debt doing another semester. I am no longer staying for a second degree and I'm 100% focused on moving out of Urbana ASAP. No looking back.

Strangely, I don't think this is likely to change--I think this is my firm decision. If I can't land a job by the beginning of February, I'll obviously stick around for another semester and take the courses for which I'm registered, but finally getting one's ass out of town for a bit makes you wake up. I'm extremely unhappy in Urbana and I always have been. I've gotten by OK and met some great people and made the right decision to move there for the degree and not do the online program, but it's beyond time for me to leave.

1 Comments:

Blogger MacGuffin said...

It's important to know when it's time to go. And when you know it, it's important to go and do it. And when you do it, it's advisable to do it in style. And when you look to a style, make it a flashy one. Which of course you'd do anyway.

11/25/2005 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home