Monday, November 14, 2005

later sunday

I can't believe I convinced my choir cohorts to go to Hooters tonight. They wanted to go to Chili's after the concert, but they were closing. Which left us with the options of: 1. Steak 'n Shake or 2. Hooter's. After Missy Pants and I tried to go to Steak 'n Shake after my opera and they wouldn't even seat us (they just looked at us for a long time), we went to Hooters and found the food and service eons better.

Furthermore, our conductor joined us. Hilarious.

Anyway, we got through the concert without too much of a hitch. I messed up the part in the de la Rue that I'd practiced before the concert, but I think pretty much every voice part screwed up at some point in our small group. We weren't prepared enough, I'm afraid. I hope it wasn't tooooo obvious....

I wore heels, which was dumb. Now my feet have fallen off. I just figured that heels would look better since I was in the front row. I don't think I've ever been in the front row in my life since I'm so tall. Strangely, the first altos in that choir are pretty damned tall. Beth is over six feet, I think, and a couple of the others are at least my height if not taller (I'm 5'10). The poor second altos are, by contrast, quite short and they always have to stand behind us. It was amusing when no one could see the conductor in the second row at the president's inauguration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home