Friday, December 30, 2005

this time of year

I'm getting awfully sick of all the romance and couples bullshit that is continually crammed down my throat by our society, especially at this time of year. I'm just about the unluckiest girl when it comes to love and this shit isn't helping. Thankfully, though, I'm finally at an age when men seem to actually *notice* me, so maybe in ten years they'll start asking me out on dates.

Anyway.

I just saw a movie all about plumbing. It really wasn't bad, and the director is a dreamboat.



Turns out he directed Motorcyle Diaries, which I haven't seen. I've been looking up a few articles here and there about the popular American perception of Che. We're pretty divided.

It's unusual for me to see a remake of a Japanese film first--I usually try to see the original first. I think Ringu is infinitely better than its American remake. The same holds true for just about every foreign film that is remade in American versions. But this was pretty good. I'll obviously have to see the Japanese one now. I think the film had good direction, acting, and design. The cast has amazing credentials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home