Wednesday, March 15, 2006

caue



So I'm a complete nerd, and historically on this day, I give out little badges cut from paper that say CAVE IDVS MARTIVS and have a picture of Mr. Gaius Julius Caesar on them. Beware the Ides of March. This is the sort of thing that happens when you're required to take a shitload of Latin in college for your oh-so-useful medieval studies degree.

I always take so much time doing it and handing them out to friends and colleagues.

And then I'm the only one who wears one. So I decided not to do it this year. I'm too tired. Maybe next year. Besides, today I applied for jobs at Harvard, Yale, and Brown. And realized too late that I said something really stupid in my cover letters to two of them. Oh, well, at least it was spelled right and it was true. (I was talking about my language qualifications and said that not only have I studied German and Latin, I've also studied some English! I meant to say Swedish.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home