Monday, January 23, 2006

my new prospects

Well, it looks like the possibility of moving back to Chicago is looking slimmer and slimmer. This is owing, of course, to the Chicago Public Library, which will not even allow me to start the application process until I have a degree in hand. Seeing as I happen to be a grownup, it looks then like I won't be working for them, since I need to eat and therefore need to have a job lined up to start on May 16.

Luckily for me I made the effort to go to the ALA conference in San Antonio and I turn out to be a rather competitive candidate. :) I had two interviews with NYPL, one with Queens, one with Boston, and one with Philadelphia. I hope that the screening interviews lead to more promising returns. I think I'd be quite happy and challenged working for any one of them. So it looks as though signs are pointing to my moving back East, which probably is the best thing for me anyway. I think I'm a bit out of my element in the midwest.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo on Chicago... but good to hear that other libraries want you. And also, I suck at emailing you back... but we should go get coffee soon. The end.

1/24/2006 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home