Tuesday, October 11, 2005

argh

damnit I'm cross today. I'm getting sick. And I can't get sick now because I have to sing this bloody opera on Saturday and have rehearsals galore before then. And WHY the f--- do people write operas in French? It's dumb.

And I can't get sick next week, either, because I have to go be a TA in East St. Louis. Land of Paradise. I'd better take pics this time, though--last time I went, no one I knew believed that it looked like World War III had happened.

grrrrr.

And I think Greek tragedy is dumb, too, while I'm at it. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Being a TA for 451 is a really bad idea when your schedule is like mine. If I am going to get in the way in the labs on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, I get some free time, but otherwise my schedule is generally from 8:30 AM until 10:00 PM without a break. This is what I get for having two GA positions, a church job, a practicum, an independent study, a class, and three other choirs (for credit of course). Argh. again. I'm so not singing Bulgarian music tonight. My voice is tired.

And what is so very funny about my schedule is that I log in MAYBE two hours a week in the GSLIS building. That's it. Amazingly I'll have enough credits to graduate this semester, too. Otherwise I live in the music building, the conservation lab, and Prairienet. Most people I knew in the GSLIS program before think I already graduated and moved out of the area. Tee hee. It's quite wise to have friends and connections outside of GSLIS, too. I should know.

In the spring, I couldn't WAIT to get the hell out of here. I was going to graduate in December and scoot back to Chicago. Now of course I'm not really ready. At this point, I'll probably graduate in August. I think I might take a class in GSLIS next semester and then focus the rest of my time on a class about Mahler, a music theory course, and my opera course. I guess Urbana's not so bad when you get used to it (and live alone ;).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home